Monday’s class gave me a great deal to think about in terms of how I use technology, as well as the proper course of action I should take to correctly manage the various platforms. Before this, any social media safety talk I ever received throughout my elementary and high school education centred around protecting yourself from online predators and creating privacy settings. While extremely valid, today’s guest speaker Jesse Miller – key note speaker and founder of the company Mediated Reality, addressed the importance of separating your personal, social, and professional use of communications. There is a time and a place to use each type of communication, but the problem starts existing when the various types cross paths. For example, Jesse spoke to the significance of using your work email vs your personal email when contacting students or parents; you always want to maintain an appropriate and professional digital identity in a workplace role. Balancing professional expectations and understanding the rules and consequences are factors to always keep at the back of your mind while teaching. As a teacher candidate, I am extremely grateful to Jesse for taking the time to come and speak to us about privacy laws and digital awareness/consent. Social media is a resourceful tool within a classroom, thus knowing how to accurately execute the proper procedures will help protect the students as well as myself.