In today’s class my group presented our inquiry question of How Technology can Benefit Mental Health in the Classroom.
My part of the presentation focused on how we as educators can directly influence positive talk around mental health with the use of technology. After I conducted my research, the main points the articles put emphasis on were:
- Teaching students about mental health and how to recognize signs/symptoms
- Put emphasis on the importance of reaching out for help right away.
- Being open with the student and their family about your observations and concerns if the behaviours are ongoing
- Informing the family of resources that offer support
- Creating a peer support group
- Holding events to raise awareness of mental health
- Integrating mental health in your classroom discussions about physical health
Photo by Natasha Spencer on Unsplash