The song I originally chose to learn on the ukulele for my midterm is “Love yourself” by Justin Bieber, however this song has proven itself to be more difficult than I initially thought. After three weeks of practicing for roughly half an hour every second day or so, I feel very discouraged because I am barely making progress. My transitions from chords are rough and for the life of me I cannot get the fingerpicking part of the song down. The only thing I feel somewhat confident in is the strumming pattern, but even that doesn’t sound great due to my inability to play the right chord, as I tend to focus on fingerpicking. I feel extremely stressed, not to mention frustrated with myself for not being able to play this song well. With just over a week to go before my song is supposed to be ‘ready’ I decided to talk to Anita. I voiced my concerns and she kindly allowed me to replace “Love yourself” with ” Hey soul sister”, the song I wanted to learn for the final (November 26th). I am beyond thankful for this opportunity to learn a song that will hopefully be less of a challenge, but with just a week to prepare I can’t help but doubt myself. If I look on the positive side, the song uses the same four chords I learnt already, and a strength of mine is getting the strumming pattern down fairly easily; I hope this will be enough to succeed in such a short time period.